'DON'T PLAY/SING THIS AT ANY WEDDING' Playlist8:00:00 AM
Hi! Hello! Bonjour! I am currently listening to Desi Ratnasari's Tenda Biru right now. I used to listen to that song a lot during my childhood because my Ma loves that song. And apparently that song was played a lot of times in a lot of weddings I went to. Now listening to the song and understanding the meaning, I wondered... why did they play this song at a wedding?
Tenda Biru is a depressing song especially for weddings. And Tenda Biru wasn't the only depressing songs played at most weddings I went, there were a tons more. Hence, to avoid a disastrous choice of songs to be played at a wedding, let me list some songs that are in my mind.
I got the idea for this post from my English teacher's post that I read long time ago when I stalked her (that happens when you have a very beautiful and attractive woman as an English teacher and I wasn't the only one who stalked her)
The 'DON'T SING THIS SONG AT ANY WEDDING' Playlist (Unless it's your ex's wedding and you want to ruin it)
- Tenda Biru by Desi Ratnasari: "Tanpa undangan kau diriku kau lupakan... Tanpa putusan diriku kau tinggalkan... Tanpa bicara kau buat ku kecewa... Tanpa berdosa kau buat ku merana... Ku tak percaya dirimu tega, nodai cinta, khianati cinta." Yup. Depressing as heck.
- Breakeven by The Script: "Her best days were some of my worst. She finally met a man that's gonna put her first. While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping. Cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even..."
- When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars. It might be tempting to show off your ability to belt a strong note in front of everybody else, but not this song. And this song is too depressing to be played at a wedding.
- Ku Tunggu Jandamu by Irwansyah. Seriously? Ku Tunggu Jandamu? It's a fun song, but the groom might not find it fun. At all.
- Putuskan Saja Pacarmu (P.U.S.P.A.) by ST12
- Ku Menunggu by Rossa. The melody might sounds suitable for the wedding, but the lyrics and the meaning behind the lyrics? Totally unsuitable. "Ku menunggu, ku menunggu kau putus dengan kekasihmu. Tak akan ku ganggu kau dengan kekasihmu. Ku kan selalu di sini untuk menunggumu." You don't want to send a message like this to any of the newlyweds. They are supposed to be happy with their wedding, and not worrying over someone that is praying for them to split.
That's all from me today. This post was fun to write, I hope you'll enjoy the post as well 😊 Do you have any song in your mind that fits this playlist? Comment down below to let me know!